Become a Resident – West Africa (Cameroon, Gabon & Niger)
PAACS accepts a limited number of candidates each year for residency from among African doctors who wish to become trained as surgical specialists and are willing to serve at a hospital approved by PAACS upon graduation. Those interested in learning more about the Cameroon Head and Neck Program should go here for additional information.
- Be a citizen of an African country.
- Be a graduate of a recognized medical program and completed an internship program.
- Be a sincere follower of Jesus Christ as evidenced by your words, your actions and your lifestyle.
- Be 35 years old or less and exceptionally fluent in English
- Have a strong written recommendation from your pastor and a medical colleague who knows you well and has worked with you in a clinical setting
- Qualify for sponsorship from a hospital, your church, a mission or another organization able to provide financial assistance for your living expenses during your training (not including housing and healthcare). PAACS has a limited number of full scholarships available and they must be applied for separately
- Agree to accept work at a hospital approved by your sponsor, one year for each year of residency training.
Please download and fill out the PAACS Resident Application to begin your application process.
Special Note: The complete application is due by September 15 of the previous year to begin training January 1. The application has multiple parts so begin early and be aware that the full application with all accompanying documents needs to be completed by September 15.