Become a Resident – Kijabe Hospital
Kijabe Hospital’s General Surgery Residency is a 5 year commitment, with a broad based training in General Surgery. In addition, instruction is in the fields of orthopedics, gynecology, pediatric surgery, head and neck surgery, anesthesia, plastic surgery, critical care, and other surgical specialties. Our program is fully accredited by the College of Surgeons of East, Central and South Africa (COSECSA). Our graduates are recognized as Specialist Surgeons by the Kenyan Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (MPDB). Please find links to the websites of our affiliated organizations below.
- Be a citizen of an African country and either already have a current Kenyan medical license or be eligible for registration with the Kenya Medical Board.
- Be a graduate of a recognized medical school and have successfully completed a one-year internship program as a medical officer.
- Be 35 years old or less and be fluent in English
- Be a sincere follower of Jesus Christ as evidenced by your words, your actions and your lifestyle.
- Two strong recommendations will be required. One must be from the pastor or lay leader of your local church and one must be from a Christian doctor who knows you well and has worked with you. These must be sent in separately (not from your e-mail address).
- Kijabe PAACS surgery residents will be sponsored by a sending organizations (hospital, church, community or privately) or may apply for PAACS sponsorship. Only a limited number of PAACS scholarships/sponsorships are available. After completion of their surgery training, residents who were sponsored by PAACS will be asked to serve as a surgeon in an under-served area of Africa for a period of one year of service for each year of sponsorship.
Please download and fill out the PAACS Resident Application to begin your application process.
Special Note: The complete application is due by September 15 of the year prior to beginning training January 1. The application has multiple parts so begin early and be aware that the full application with all accompanying documents needs to be completed by September 15.
PAACS Resident Testimonies
PAACS is blessed to be able to educate and disciple residents in 10 different hospitals. All of our residents have amazing stories that led them to pursue a career in surgery. We are honored to share some of the testimonies of their journey of becoming a PAACS surgical resident.